Over the weekend, I wrote a bunch of journal entries that I had planned on posting throught the week. And I was also cleaning up the old files that have already been posted so I don't repost them accidentally. All these files were on my Nokia N810 and while cleaning out files, I deleted the folder instead. Linux doesn't seem to have a recycle bin, so there we go. They were all lost.
And maybe it was a good thing. A fresh start means you guys get recaps for the last two weeks.
- We spent July 4th at the JW Marriot. It's the busiest time of year for them. They had slides and bouncy houses and sno cones for the weekend. There were so many people in the lazy pool that they'd turned on the jets to max. The pool was also a little milky. Someone did their doody in the pool on Friday. It was bound to happen with that many children and drunk asses floating around in there.
- We saw fireworks on both the 4th and the 5th. We could see them from the amusement parks from our hotel balcony.
- We learned three new games over this weekend. Alias (a whodunit that's part go fish, part canasta and part clue), Infernal Contraption (It's a card game and you're a goblin making machines, who doesn't love that?!), and Carcassonne (a tile game where you build castles and roads). I loved all of them. We originally had gone to pick up Arkham Horror, but Sci-Fi City was out of them even though they told me they had it. But the guy rolling a new DnD character who worked there convinced me Carcassonne was a good game. Have any of you played Arkham Horror? Do you like it?
- We had our engagement shoot yesterday. I got my hair done, but it wasn't good at all, so I ended up pinning it up. I had a serious bad hair day. I'm hoping it will turn out ok anyway. Otherwise, I'll cry.
- My engagement ring needs to be sent to the vendor and won't be back until the end of August. They were supposed to be sent there in the first place since it has perfect cut diamonds and therefore needed to be certified by the vendor. This, they realize 3 weeks after they've sent it out to the home office. I'm thinking that I'll buy the wedding rings elsewhere.
- Dr. Horrrible Act I was pretty funny.