I made the upgrade to 2.9 and discovered that my scheduled posts weren’t posting on time. After quick interwebs search, I discovered a pretty quick fix for it. Since I write my entries all at once, mostly over the weekend, scheduling them is best for me.
So if this posts, it worked.
The fix involves changing one of the wordpress files. Wordpress has a timeout feature for when it’s automatically posting something. Right now, the timeout is 0.01. Wordpress 2.9 is hella slow, so that is not enough time for it to post. You can change this to something a little longer. I switched it to 60.
Here is the file that you need to change:
Approximately line number 205, there is something that looks like this.
wp_remote_post ($cron_url, Array (‘ timeout’ => 0.01, ‘ blocking’ => false));
Change 0.01 to 60. This should be a minute to post.
This may work for you. Totally didn’t work for me.
Another solution was to change the wp_config.php file and add
Didn’t work either.
Downloaded this zip file that’s supposed to fix bugs.
After uploading these files, the scheduler works. You’re seeing this post!
The other thing that I noticed was that my journalpress was giving me errors on the edit page. The problem was that I was still using PHP4, which won’t work now. I upgraded to PHP5 and I wasn’t getting the errors anymore. If you’re on GoDaddy, here’s the instructions on how to switch to PHP5. I didn’t have to edit the htaccess file.